|Jointly organized by:
Graduiertenkolleg "Medicinal Chemistry: Molecular Recognition - Ligand Receptor Interactions" (GRK 760)
International Quality Network Medicinal Chemistry (IQNMC)
October 5 - 7, 2004
Faculty of Pharmacy, lecture room H43
The organizers invite Ph.D. students, diploma/master students as well as young scientist at the beginning of their career in academic or industrial drug research to participate in the 2nd Summer School Medicinal Chemistry at the University of Regensburg.
Leading scientists from universities and pharmaceutical companies will present innovative ideas, modern methods and strategies, best practices as well as case studies in the field of Medicinal Chemistry.
Main topics are:
Additionally, the participants are invited to present their scientific results on posters. Language of the meeting is English.
- Impact of genomics, target identification and structural biology to the drug discovery process
- Modern strategies for lead finding and optimization
- Handling the world of structures: chemogenomics, combinatorial chemistry, high-throughput methods
- Computer-assisted methods: virtual screening, structure-based design, 3D QSAR, neuronal networks
- Prodrug strategies
- Peptides consisting of unnatural amino acids